What is EDGE-X?

Evangelize the Lost, Disciple the Found, Give back to the Community, Edify the Church, all to eXalt the Savior.

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Step

Hey everyone!

Recently, I have been having a lot of stuff going on in my life. Some good, some bad, and honestly, I am praising God through it all. I am ashamed to say that I am actually surprised I am praising Him through it all. I should be praising Him more, more frequently, more readily.

But alas, it does not matter whether or not I have or have not praised Him as readily as I am now. The point is I am praising Him now in all circumstances because I have finally come to a peace where I understand that no matter what happens, God is in total control; no matter what I do, I cannot change God's plan or disrupt it.

No matter where we are in life, God is right there. What ever step we take, He is already there.

When we get a good grade on our test, have our children tell us how awesome we are, or get employee of the month at work, Jesus is right there beside us, congratulating us and smiling so big.

When we struggle through long nights of studying, staying up with the kids because they are sick, or working a late shift because an employee got sick, and we are stressed out of our minds, Jesus is right there and places his hand on our shoulder, letting us know He is right there to help us out.

When we a loved one dies; when our best friend betrays us; when our kids tell us they hate us, Jesus is there, wrapping His arms around us to comfort us.

When we flat out disobey Him and fall flat on our face, He is right there, bent down, arm extended, waiting for us to take His hand.

Do we really understand His love? Do we really, truly follow Him? Or do we just take advantage of His omnipresence and unconditional love?

Jesus never once asked us to fix everything about ourselves and try to be perfect so we can do everything just right. He did ask us to be perfect as He is perfect. He did ask us to follow Him. That's how we get to be perfect: not by our own will, but by letting Christ rule in us.

Are you letting Him rule in your life? In every step of life, are you acknowledging His will and superiority in your life?

God is with us at every step, every path we take, every action we make. He is right there, working everything to the good of those who call on His name. Do you truly call on His name or just call Him for what you can get and what He can do for you? That's not a relationship. A true relationship doesn't selfishly take and take and take.

So no matter where you are in life right now, God wants to meet you there. He has shown me that abundantly this past week. Its up to you now to take the next step.

Following His Call,
Adam
(Romans 8:28)

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?