I thought I would let you in on a little secret of mine: my Myers-Briggs Personality Type is E0TJ.
If you don't know much about the Myers-Briggs Typology Test, let me explain:
There are four categories in the personality type, each with two different options in that category. The options are aligned along a spectrum, and most people fall to one side or the other. However, there are a few times people fall right in between. (Like me! I will explain later.) Many times, the "in between" area is reserved for specific situations--like the home, friends, or work. We all have different personalities in these different places, so psychologist recommend when you take the test to keep an area in mind and that it a few times.
Anyway, with four categories and two options in each category, you get sixteen different personality types, each indicated by four letters corresponding to the options you picked in each category (Ex: INFP, ENTP, ISTJ).
Before you go any further and read the rest of this blog, take this Personality Test.
Do you have your four letters? Above them are the percentages where on the spectrum you fall in each category. Now I'm going to explain what those results mean.
The four categories are:
- How you gain your energy and recharge
- How you process information you receive
- How you make decisions in life
- How you organize and think about life
Within each of these categories are two bipolar options, as listed:
- How you gain energy
- Extroversion - you gain your energy from being around people and talking with them
- Introversion - you gain energy from being away from people and being by yourself
- Sensing - you are observant of things around you and process information from the things you see around you (i.e. people, the media, nature), you are more subject to change to a new situation
- Intuition - you make decisions based on your own innate understanding of the situation, based on experiences you have had before, not likely to change in a new situation
- Thinking - you make you decisions through logical processes, thinking things through until you come up with an answer that makes sense (this doesn't mean emotions aren't a part of the decision-making process, but they are weighed with everything else)
- Feeling - you make your decisions on what you feel to be right, things that you know to be true (this does not mean that thinking through a decision isn't a part of it, you think your decisions through, but go when what feels right)
- Perceiving - you tend to be more spontaneous and don't really have a set day-to-day plan, you tend to not like ritual or routine
- Judging - you life is run through scheduling, even if it is basic (such as "Ok, today, my plan is to go to class, work on my paper, then have fun with friends"), you tend to be more comfortable in routines because you know what to expect
Now that you know all this, go out and start searching for what people say about your personality type. Just a word of caution: you will NOT fit your personality description 100%. You are not the same person as everyone else, so therefore there will be differences. This is just a broad overview of personality.
Have fun and let me know what you get! (I am an E0TJ. Check it out!)
Following His Call,
(1 Timothy 1:15-16)