What is EDGE-X?

Evangelize the Lost, Disciple the Found, Give back to the Community, Edify the Church, all to eXalt the Savior.

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Risen

Hey everyone!

Today is a weird day for me. It is probably the first time in 23 years that I haven't been at a church on Resurrection Sunday. I am having conflicting emotions.

At first I was mad. Now, I am not a stickler for attending church. In fact, if you knew me at all, I am more chill about attending church than anyone; I don't care if people go or don't go, as long as they are worshiping God. But on the day that we celebrate the entire reason for Christianity?! I should be there!

Then God reminded me: church is just a building housing people who all believe the same things. The majority of ministry doesn't happen within the church, but outside the church. They didn't have church on the first Easter. What did they do? They went around telling everyone about what happened! They went to the tomb and found it empty, and told EVERYONE!

What do we do today for Easter? We celebrate! But how do we celebrate? We go on Easter Egg hunts? We have barbecues? We attend cantatas and concerts? How much time do we spend going around telling others about what Jesus did? That's what the disciples did. They were so excited they went to tell everyone!

I'm not saying we shouldn't go to church on this day. (I am rather thrown off by not going to church, actually; I would rather be there.) All I am saying is that after we celebrate, we should go out and tell everyone! Get excited! Our Lord has risen!

It took me a while to get used to that idea of not going to church. Now, I am okay with not being in church, because I am at a spot where I can be of use. I am at my grandparent's house. They do not know Christ. I had to ask myself, where would I rather be: at a church with a bunch of people who have heard the Gospel a billion times or with family that I love and with whom I need to share the best message of all time? As you can tell, the answer was easy for me. 

This song excites me so much, I hope you get something from it too.


Today, don't forget to be missional. Christ came, He died for you, and He rose again. Be excited about that! Tell someone who doesn't know. Keep God in focus, others in mind, and remember what Christ has done for us.

Following His Call,
Adam
Matthew 28:6

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?