What is EDGE-X?

Evangelize the Lost, Disciple the Found, Give back to the Community, Edify the Church, all to eXalt the Savior.

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Day 22

Day 22: Bethsaida Dig (Day 8)

Hey everyone!

So, I am going to be honest, when I opened up my saved file of this blogpost, it opened to a blank page. Oops. I don’t know if I didn’t save this entry or if the computer restarted and I lost it. Either way, I have no recollection of this day. How sad.

It must have not been that important; it must have been a standard day. But, I will briefly talk about some of the wonderful ladies we worked with on the site. We worked with three ladies from Australia, and they were some of the nicest people I have ever met. One of them was going into the ministry like I was, and we had some awesome conversations!

She was talking about the calling experience, and I can really relate to that. If you want to be a pastor or something, it truly is a calling; it is not a career choice. Most people who make pastorship a career choice only last a few years then they are in a secular job again because of the headaches, stress, and stupid people (sorry to say that, but sometimes there are some really stupid people in church). The calling is not something you can get away from; it is a conviction you can’t describe. She was telling me how for years she ignored the call, saying, “God, surely you don’t mean me.” But that is the thing about the call, you can only run so far before He catches up to you and says, “Alright now, my child, it is time to do some work.”

Don’t get me wrong, it isn’t bad we were called into the ministry. On the contrary, it is a beautiful obligation. Yes, it is an obligation, but not a burden. Well, in some ways it is a burden, but a wonderful burden to bear; a burden I would gladly carry. To me, it is an honor, a privilege, like some fanboy who runs up to a celebrity and eagerly asks, “Can I carry that for you, sir?” And the celebrity responds with, “Sure, thank you son.”  

These ladies were so wonderful to us. They joked with us, harassed us, and helped us out. It felt like we had known them for months by the time we were done. I really respect them and I miss them greatly, now that I am back in the states.

Oh well, I know I will see them again someday. Until then, I pray the best for them.

Following His Call,
Adam
Psalm 100:2

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?